Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant log into router

• Please log in to reply

diptweakrepeat

diptweakrepeat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey

I'm trying to login to my router and the web browser isnt working. from what i found online the default for linksys in 192.168.1.1 but mine isnt working. i then tried to use the comand prompt to get my default gateway and mine isn't showing a default gateway. can anyone help??????

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Depower the PC, router and modem. Reseat all ethernet connections while power is off. Power up the modem, router, and PC, waiting 60 seconds for each device to sync. Try ipconfig /all from the command prompt. What is the default gateway IP address? (This is your router, and the address which you should place in the browser to configure the router.)

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
two other methods you could try are
1) try 192.168.0.1
2) go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ . at the top where it states your ip, copy and paste it all in to the address bar. this can bring up the login page for some routers.

what router are you using?

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

i then tried to use the comand prompt to get my default gateway and mine isn't showing a default gateway.