Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Camera won't download pix

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! HP dual core Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I suspect some nasty bit of code has replaced CameraLauncher.exe which is found through the "Camera Window" button.And maybe the anti-spyware has removed it? A pane says that CameraLauncher.exe is not being referred to by the shortcut. What happens is you plug in the camera, and you hear the PC recognise it with the right sound but no camera pane appears.
Canon techhies had me uninstall, regedit, re-install from CD, download the Canon update, etc.
(Somewhere I read that the CameraLauncher.exe is not compatible with Vista anyhow but everything was fine with downloading pix from the Canon Powershot S5is before).
(I can find and download the pix by going thru the Windows Media program but the wife wants her functionality back.) (No evil snickers please).

Anyhow, HP support says to download the cameralauncher file from alternative sites.
Might be good to try, but the site they recommend doesn't seem to have it.
This is a really mundane question to ask but there must be a solution.But I think that it is a cut above the Canon/HP expertise.
Regards All.