Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble installing XP on new build

• Please log in to reply

jchicks

jchicks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been pulling my hair out over this. I just put a new system together, but can't get XP installed.
The system consists of:

AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX240OCGQBOX
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB 5400 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
2 x 1 GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR2 PC2-5300 667 MHz
Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

I've tried setting BIOS to optimal defaults, 1 stick of RAM - no luck. I've tried loading the SATA drivers from BioStar, used WD Data Lifeguard Tools, cleared CMOS over and over with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Did you add the SATA drivers when asked for by using F6 during the install. The drivers are usually on a floppy supplied with the drive or can be downloaded. With out the drivers, XP won't see the drive.

http://news.softpedi...-F6-47807.shtml