Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Re: flash drive resident antimalware app?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BobLewiston

BobLewiston

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
As I am unable to respond in the thread that was closed, I will respond here.

Bob I recommend you read the rules here

With all due respect, Rorschach112, I have read Geeks-To-Go’s rules on the Terms of Use page (http://www.geekstogo...boardrules.html), and I can find no rule against posting questions here that have also been submitted to other forums. Could you please tell me where on the Geeks-To-Go website this rule is written?

You posted very same question on 15+ forums... Don't you think, it's little bit excessive?

Going to close this since the user is getting help from 15+ other sites

I posted this question to exactly 12 websites.

Of course the reason I posted this question to multiple website’s forums is to maximize the chance of getting answers. Any given question is usually answered at only a minority of forums. But by posting questions to forums at multiple websites, several different people have responded to each and every one of my questions. They've each been helpful and brought something to the discussion that others at other websites had not thought of. So what does it matter if such helpful people are distributed over several websites?

Posting to forums at different websites is not the same as posting to more than one forum at a single website. The idea behind not cross-posting to multiple forums at a single website is to ensure that posts are directed appropriately. Posting to forums with similar topics at different websites is in no way directing posts inappropriately.

If you feel it’s not worth your time to answer a question because it was also posted to other websites, then by all means don’t answer it. But why should you prevent others from doing so, if they want to?

I’ve never hidden the fact that I have sometimes posted a question to multiple websites’ forums, but you are only the second moderator to ever object to this EVER.

Exactly what have I done that is rude, inconsiderate or in any way offensive? What is important here? Isn’t it the maximum free dissemination of information, rather than which website has the “exclusive right” to answer a question? Because if it’s the latter, I don’t see how that’s reasonable, fair or in the public interest.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
When you post at 12 forums you will have a lot of people researching the same issue, and more than likely giving you the same answer. This wastes helpers and users time as they will generally go out of their way to research the problem to help out.

You are not going to get 12+ completely different answers for this question, so there is no need to post it on every site you visit. Rather you should post it at one site and if the answer you get doesn't satisfy you, then feel free to post at another. But posting at 12+ sites is not the right way to do things. It just wastes people's time, who will be giving you the same answer as the other sites.