Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

router access page incorrect

• Please log in to reply

Epsilon

Epsilon

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
hi guys I am having trouble with my router i am currently using a Siemens Gigaset SE 567 model its wired to two desktops and a laptop is hooked up to it wireless, my problem is the page you access from putting in the ip for your router on a webpage for me comes up and looks like the image below it says MTS and is blue around the sides. It used to look alot different i found a picture from google of how it used to look says telus on the top left and the model name also, if anybody can be of help with solving this would be greatly appreciated also I don't have a modem hooked into it, it is my modem & router built into one I don't got a modem either my old MTS one was fryed and they took it away and gave me this thing only thanks for help.

Attached Thumbnails

• SS1.JPG
  • Gigaset_SE5677.jpg

Edited by Epsilon, 22 March 2010 - 02:17 PM.

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Delete the cache and cookies in your browser.

Start|run|type cmd|OK

At the command line type the following followed by the enter key:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

You should now see the correct configuration page.

Epsilon

Epsilon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I deleted my cache and cookies, and followed the command steps and it still shows up the same as the mts one there is one other thing though the default ip to access used to be 192.168.1.254 long ago and now i've been using 192.168.100.254
when i try the first variation it just brings up search results provided by Yahoo, when doing ipconfig /registerdns it said successful and said any errors would report in the event viewer.

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Reinstall your network card driver then try it again.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
press start, then run, then type "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes)

post back with the results

Epsilon

Epsilon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I have no idea how to reinstall my network card driver, but here is the results from the ipconfig /all within cmd prompt window.

Attached Thumbnails

• SS3.JPG

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
192.168.100.254 is the right device for you to attempt to connect to...as a question, MTS didn't buy your connection did they (telus and MTS seem to not like each other very much by my googeling)? disconnect the modem/router from the wall (leave it connected to your computer) and try 192.168.100.254 again

Epsilon

Epsilon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Yeah I heard also a few days back from a source they arn't allowed to even sell telus router / modems in my province so I have no idea why they sold me one, and yes a tech guy came and hooked this up for me he was from myITsource.ca worked with MTS i believe. Unhooked from the wall tryed 192.168.100.254 took me to the MTS like looking blue page in my first post.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well then it looks like you've got MTS as your ISP...they may have sold you a "telus" modem, and then flashed it over the wire to the MTS system.