Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows vista programs not starting

• Please log in to reply

weiner

weiner

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently experienced a fun time with a trojanfakeAV!gen21 virus. I'm running norton 360 and it caught it to late. I now am having major problems with starting any programs. When I double click any desktop programs or just click on them from the start menu it asks me what program do I want to run this with. I cannot get emails from my charter page nor can I reset any of my browser settings. I recently read a posting on how you helped someone with a similar situation. I'm very confident you can help me with this also. You guys are fantastic at what you do. I was actually referred to you from a coworker. I followed some of your advise to another and this is a copy of my log. Can you help me? Please?

Edited by Rorschach112, 24 March 2010 - 05:44 AM.
removed log

Advertisements

nimblearcher

nimblearcher

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I think you need to post in the "Virus-Spyware-Trojan-Removal" forum which is the first topic on the index page, you'll get a much faster response on these types of issues there. They have a link there that will guide you through some prerequisite steps and inform you all you need to post.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.