Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:25 PM
Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:52 PM
Welcome to GeeksToGo. My name is Nauni
You can solve this problem by running winword.exe /r. The /r switch forces a re-register of Word in the Windows registry.
1. Go to start
2. Open the Run prompt
3. Type: winword.exe /r
4. Hit enter
5. Open Word to see if you are getting same error.
If you continue to get the same error please do the below steps.
1. Right click on "my computer" and select "properties".
2. In the box that opens click on the "advanced" tab.
3. Now click the button near the bottom marked "environment variables". (The path to the Windows temp folder will be shown at the top part of the box.)
4. Check to see if the path actually exists. Check both "TEMP" and "TMP by going to the locations in the both strings. Should look something like C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Local Settings\Temp and C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Local Settings\TMP
Please post back here if they do not exist.
Thank you for your cooperation
Edited by Nauni, 24 March 2010 - 01:26 PM.
Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:48 PM
My apologies, I should have had you show hidden files before doing the second step.
Please go to C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\local settings
At the top click on tools
In the drop down choose folder options
In dialog box choose the view tab
Click on radio button in front of Show hidden files and folders.
Repeat the second set of steps in my previous post and check for those files.
Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:56 PM
Go to start
You will see your user name with account type directly under it
Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:59 PM
Edited by infowttech, 24 March 2010 - 02:02 PM.
Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:08 PM
Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:47 AM
It seems there was a glitch on the installation of XP Pro.
Is this a branded system like Dell or Compaq?
Did it originally have XP on it and if not is the installation disk you used a Genuine Microsoft disk or a copy?
Edited by rshaffer61, 25 March 2010 - 01:00 PM.
Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:05 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users