Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loading web pages, downloads, and video streaming are REAL slow.

• Please log in to reply

spex_book

spex_book

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First let me say that I just joined this site a few minutes ago so if this is in the wrong forum, please let me know. Anyways, I have a laptop: Toshiba M115-S3154. A few months ago, everything ran smoothly. Pages loaded relatively fast, downloads were no problem, and videos were loading lightning quick. Then while I was experimenting with console emulators, I got infected with the trojan.vundo virus. That was havoc enough. I went online and someone walked me through removing it. Now that it is gone, efficiency has taken a hit, HARD. Web pages take three times as long to load, simple downloads like an mp3 file are transferring not in kbps but bps, and the only way I can stream videos is pausing them and waiting for them to load, but it takes almost a whole day to load like a five minute YouTube video. I need to know whats going on here so I can get back up to speed. Do I still have a virus or what can I do to bring it back to the way it used to run before the trojan? I think its already stated somewhere but I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3. System stats include 1.60GHz, 798MHz and 504 MB of RAM. Programs used to remove trojan include NAV, Spysweeper, ATF Cleaner, ComboFix, CCleaner, HijackThis, and Hitman Pro 3.5. Only programs left on now are spysweeper, hijack this, and hitman pro 3.5. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Advertisements