Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with a new nvidia driver.

• Please log in to reply

yoda76

yoda76

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I just updated to the 197.13 driver. But ever since I did, I have had major resolution problems. On all the old drivers I was able to run a 1440x900 no problem. But now when I create and choose this resolution, it seems like my desktop has about an inch and a half off screen. If I move my mouse to the right, it will reveal more to the right. The same goes for top and bottom, I can't view everything at once and now I have to move my mouse to the edges of the screen to see stuff. I have no idea why this resolution isn't working now. Another thing is that the icons look smushed and distorted. I don't know why the 1440x900 is not working with this new driver....

And I can't rollback to the old one, because apparently I can't play Bad Company 2 unless I have this driver.
I have already uninstalled all drivers and installed this one again, but still nothing.

Any suggestions to getting my resolution back the way it was?

Advertisements

yoda76

yoda76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Sorry geekstogo, I fixed it now. What I did is go into the nvidia control panel and change the resolution timing to DMT. It made a huge difference.