Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluish Display?!

• Please log in to reply

FwoGiZ

FwoGiZ

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I can see everything just fine,but as I am typing this here, the display is being bluish. It is just like if I had a blue cam filter over my monitor... it is very annoying specially since I am a gamer. It is not the first time it happens, but now I can't manage to get rid of it ;/
I updated my gpu and that was not the problem.
running a radeaon 4850 on vista 64, 226NW syncmaster
I will even but a SS, but I guess you understand that I can't even know if you will actually see my problem!
Posted Image
rebooting didn't do anything and when I press my monitor's buttoms to change contrast and brightness, etc, the Interface colors are just fine; seems like either my windows or gpu?
Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Do you have another video card you could pop in as a test? Just a regular old PCI card will do. That would eliminate some things.

Besides updating the drivers, have you tried using an older driver? If I had to guess, the video card is going South.

What if you try the video card in another computer? Same problem? Try some of what I mentioned, that should get you heading in the right direction.

FwoGiZ

FwoGiZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
yeah I thought of doing that but I don't have any hardware with me right now... ;( also I know it happened before and I just don't remember what I did, if I actually did something to fix it, so I am pretty sure there is something pretty stupid I can do to fix it.
Is the screenshot bluish?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You can also try another monitor to rule that out.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
No, it doesn't seem to look bluish. I think when you take a screen shot, it wouldn't pick up what your video card is displaying onto your monitor, only the code for what is being sent to the video card before it transmitted it onto your display.

Also, try a different monitor. It could be your monitor. Borrow a friends or family members... even just a CRT will do.

FwoGiZ

FwoGiZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
aww yeah that's what I thought :)
DONT EVER BUY MONITOR ON EBAY hahha ;p the DVI doesnt even work and it often do weird things;( "half" refurbished ;X
I will try another crt

FwoGiZ

FwoGiZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
ok now I feel stupid...
the analog cord was not well plugged ;( oh well sry for disturbing you guys ehe

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Don't feel stupid!
It happens a lot.
Glad you got it sorted out and for letting us know. :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
You didn't disturb us. I'm glad you figured it out. I had a problem similar to yours once on my test monitor for when I refurbish used PC's and what not. Anyway, come to find out, the last time I plugged the VGA in I bent one of the pins so the signal wasn't transmitted correctly. I bent it back and all was fine. :)

Oh, and the point is I dealt with that problem for at least 2 months before figuring that simple problem out. :)

Edited by Ferrari, 27 March 2010 - 08:27 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I usually find that if I am in a situation that is taking quite a while to figure out is that the answer will be really stupid.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
:) Yep. I once couldn't get sound in a machine, no matter what. I even started a topic and PM'd Broni to help me. I ended up figuring out the sound was disabled in the BIOS. :)