Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Touchpad Settings

• Please log in to reply

adizzle28

adizzle28

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello! I have a dell 1525 inspiron with windows 7. My touchpad is a little sensitive so I wanted to alter it. I access the Mouse properties from the control panel and click on the dell touchpad tab. When i click to change the dell touchpad settings, a box pops up with five choices: device select, button settings, scrolling settings, touchpad settings, and external mouse settings. However, when i click on either the touchpad settings link or the scrolling settings link, nothing happens. The other three links work however. Please let me know how to resolve this issue and access the touchpad settings link. Btw I had already tried reinstalling the mouse drivers. I would appreciate all the help I could get. Thanks.

Advertisements

fnord12

fnord12

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. Did the original poster ever resolve this problem? I am having the same problem. Nothing happens when I click on the Touchpad Settings or Scrolling Settings options on the Touchpad config screen. A very brief hourglass, then nothing. This is preventing me from adjusting my touchpad settings, causing all kinds of wild cursor problems while I type.

See attached for a screenshot.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a number of older and new drivers from the Dell support site.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails

• TouchpadSettings.png