Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rundll23.exe Problems

• Please log in to reply

kikiera

kikiera

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Just bought a PC at a yard sale. PC gives an error message that says rundll32.exe application not found. I found this error while trying to open my add/remove. I have gone to other forums such as malware and spyware on here but since the PC can't open any files with .exe extensions downloading anything and opening it doesn't seem like an option. Please do not tell me to just go back to the malware forum as I have been there and would be willing to follow the directions to remove the malware IF I could run .exe files. I tried copying the rundll32.exe file from the i386 folder. I tried copying from a totally different computer to the system folder. I tried to run the antivirus and malware software that is already installed and each time I get the same message "rundll32.exe app not found." and/or choose which program to open with. Have tried several in case I got lucky but with no luck at all. Again, I have tried to download programs to help remove malware but can not run these programs because of the rundll32.exe problem. I have disconnected the PC from the internet and am now using one of my others to post here. Thanks to everyone for their help in advance.

:)

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You need to go to the malware forum. Just let them know that you cant run .exe files and they will be able to get by that.

Edited by Rorschach112, 28 March 2010 - 04:10 AM.

kikiera

kikiera

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I did as you instructed. Thank you for your help.