Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to locate license agreement file DLGLICE.TXT

• Please log in to reply

diggfinder

diggfinder

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Everyone,

I am having the similar problem as this person in this discussion
http://www.geekstogo...re-t174793.html

Apparently he found a solution but didn't explain. Go figure, I promise to have closure once resolved. I have a Western Digital Hard Drive 80g WD800BB and trying to get a fresh start by writing zeros using the WD Lifeguard program from the manufacturer but when booting from the CD before XP Home Edition runs I get this message as well.

----------------------
Unable to locate license agreement file DLGLICE.TXT
Please make sure license agreement file is located in the same path as DLGDIAG.EXE
----------------------

I have use the Lifeguard program to do an Extended Test and the drive passes also have run chkdsk /r and its okay but the HD is running slow as its never been reformatted in years and now I want to bring it back to factory default. Please help!

Cheers

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!, diggfinder.

You don't need to write zeros to the system partition before performing a factory default recovery.
The recovery process will overwrite everything that exists on that partition anyway.

You only need to write zeros with the WD utility either for security reasons (before disposing of the drive), or if the existing contents are causing a problem which prevents recovery from writing to it.