Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 issues with Acrobat 7.0 Pro

• Please log in to reply

bkrugle

bkrugle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone - I'm new here so be kind if this post doesn't belong in this forum! A few days ago, one of my users submitted a help ticket that has had me a little baffled - I can't seem to be able to reporduce this problem myself and was wondering if any of you had seen this before and knew of a fix. Here is the issue (from the actual help ticket):

"Ever since I updated my Adobe software (i.e., installing distiller 7), I
noticed a strange interaction with the Microsoft Outlook calendar. When
I open the calendar, another menu appears on the top bar for 'Adobe
PDF'. I now have 25 menus for PDF and counting. Only the last one
seems active. The rest of the menus are empty. Outlook crashes when I
close it.

I can live with this for another week or two. It will become a problem
when the bar doesn't fit on my screen. Thanks."

If anyone knows of any fixes for this, or of anything to look at, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Brian

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open the calendar then at the end of the toolbar there is a black arrow pointing down, click this then add / remove buttons standard to see if PDF is listed, if so remove its tick. Click add / remove buttons then wait for customize to show, click this and on toolbars look for the option of showing PDF

nhspoolehouse

nhspoolehouse

• Pip
  • 1 posts
One of my users has exactly the same problem.

I tried the above fix but this is only for the toolbar. The blank menus are actually appearing next to the help menu