Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1 large HD or multiple smaller ones

• Please log in to reply

Neo31801

Neo31801

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi guys,
I am getting ready to upgrade the storage on my computer and want to get some opinions on my set up. Right now i have one 320 gb seagate barracuda. Would it be better to buy a few more 320 gb or a 1tb hard drive (my Antec 902 can hold 6 HD's). Price wise looks like the 320's will be cheaper, but im looking for performance as well. Would there be any difference in speed and/or performance with either setup?

I know a lil about raid but I'm holding out for a new mobo before i get into that...

thanks in advance

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Realistically makes no difference either way. Just need to ensure the power supply has enough connections for the new drive but you're very unlikely to get six drives in the machine anyway since a lot of machines only have the ability to connect on average three or four anyway.

Forget the RAID idea, you don't need that. An alternative may be to invest in an external hard drive and keep anything of any great importance on there.