Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc crash-need help

• Please log in to reply

ipoder2

ipoder2

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hey everyone, I was sent here to the malware forum so I'm going to post original post from the windows xp forum.

Well, I'm back again, this time for my mom's work computer. She had recently been getting a random restart on her emachines t3090 computer. She would just be doing her work and then it would restart. She then started to get a bsod every once in a while but it was nothing major. The other day her computer completely crashed and before windows xp can even finish loading, she now gets a bsod. We recently bought an external harddrive, and I have a copy of knoppix that I can run on it. She mainly wants her quick books off, but if their is anyway to fix the computer with out a full redoing of windows, that would be great!
The stop code is 0x000000ed (0x86ac5e30, 0xc000009c, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I tried to get her quick books off of the computer and onto the hard drive using knoppix, and when i clicked on her harddrive I got the error message "Error <i>org.freedesktop.hal.device.volume.unknownfailure</i>" I'm not sure what to do. I ran memtest86 and seatools and both of them passed.

I was told that the people in this forum would have some tricks to getting it back, if you can help that would be great!
Thanks in advance,
Jason

Advertisements

ipoder2

ipoder2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Can anyone help?

ipoder2

ipoder2

• Topic Starter