Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Primary drive 1 not found

• Please log in to reply

AlextheNerd

AlextheNerd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a computer that doesn't want to start. After it says primary drive 1 not found, I press f1 and then it goes to the login screen and when I log in it starts up normally then automatically goes back to the login screen. I just does the music like it's starting up then right after the start menu doesn't even load it does the music like it's going to shut down.

I have A Dell Optiplex GX270

I've had many viruses on this computer and I've tried using free anti viruses to clean it but it seems to get worse, now I can't even open the start menu or use any programs or anything.

Any leads as to why this is is happening?

Edited by AlextheNerd, 30 March 2010 - 10:50 PM.

Advertisements

kalju24

kalju24

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi and welcome to G2G!
Well my quess would be that all those viruses have messed up your windows and those free anti viruses many are self viruses so if u dont have any info on that harddrive that u cant just lose the easiest way would be format, but first try getting in with safe mode and try this guide = http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html

Edited by kalju24, 31 March 2010 - 03:09 AM.