Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Burn Dual Layer DVDs in NeroVision 4

• Please log in to reply

radioron

radioron

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I'm new to this forum but have had a PC for over 20 years. I'm an accountant working in North Bellmore, NY.

Over the past week, I haven’t been able to use Nero Vision 4 (An application in Nero 7) to burn Verbatim Dual Layer Data DVDs even though I can burn Verbatim Single Layer DVDs without any problem.

When I try to burn a Dual Layer Data DVD I get the following error message:
E: Philips DVD+RW DVD8631
Generating DVD high compatibility borders
Session fixation error
X Could not perform end of Disc-at-once
X Burn process failed at 2.4 (3,324KBS)

Some other factors that may be helpful are:
1. My DMA setting is on
2. I have the latest firmware installed for my Burner
3. I have no other recording software on my computer
4. I only encounter a problem with dual layer dvds.
5. This problem seems to have started after I started using rewrittable dvds for a project.
6. I have used other dual layer dvds (Maxell) and had the same problem.
7. I cleaned the lens with a Maxell laser lens cleaner. It didn’t help.
8. 8. I tried burning at a slower speed (2X). No Change.

I’d appreciate any help anyone can give me in solving this problem. I'm attaching the last log that was generated by Nero when the burn failed. Hopefully, this will help.

Radioron

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!, radioron.

Updating the firmware of your Philips optical drive may fix that problem. According to Philips, this drive was custom-made only, for certain PC manufacturers, and any driver updates should be downloaded from your particular PC manufacturer. They have provided a direct link only for Dell computers, so if yours is a Dell PC, the firmware update for that model dvd-writer is here http://support.us.de...p;fileid=132121

I cannot advise you on using that firmware update from Dell on other makes of computer, should your PC not be a Dell and you are tempted to use it anyway.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 01 April 2010 - 05:15 PM.