Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Service order to have the Internet installed

• Please log in to reply

iddawg

iddawg

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Enjoy!
I had a client in the chair for a haircut about three weeks ago. He is an IT for the Volusia County School System in Florida. He told me that he had a service order from a teacher to install the Internet on the computer in her class room.
He went to the class room and installed a short cut for IE on the desktop and told the teacher that the Internet had been install on her computer. As he was leaving the class room she turned to him and sad "Thank you".
I have laughed more than the law should allow over this story.
I had to share it with someone who would appreciate it.

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
It can be quite amusing to some of the computer literate at how computer illiterate some people are. I've noticed my family asks me questions without even giving it thought, they just know that I'll know the answer, drives me crazy sometimes!

Which leads me to my story involving an IT Department.

I worked in Hospitality Services at a hospital. On break, I used to talk to one of the IT guys all the time. One day, he told me that he had a call to the Administrative Offices because one of their printers was not working. He said with very little time in there he noticed the printer was out of paper. He put paper in and ran a test print. It printed... :)

Edited by Ferrari, 31 March 2010 - 07:43 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
My friend called in a panic because the computer would turn on, but the monitor was dark. I am a genius- I pushed the power button on the monitor and everything was right there. She gave me $20. They dont pay you for what you do, it's what you know.
Johanna

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
had a user the other day complaining about copies coming out looking like garbage on one of our larger copiers. he showed me one of the prints, and it did, indeed look like crap. but you'd expect that sort of quality out of a copier when someone is placing the screen of their laptop on the copier glass and pressing the copy button. the document was marked as classified and had print restrictions on it so that the user can't make a paper copy of it, he really wanted a paper copy. guess who's going back through security training?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Security training? He needs "how to do a screen capture" instructions. How did you keep a straight face?
~J

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

How did you keep a straight face?

you should know me well enough by now to know that i didn't. i laughed, called him an idiot, and walked with him to his manager's office so he could call him an idiot too.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

How did you keep a straight face?

you should know me well enough by now to know that i didn't. i laughed, called him an idiot, and walked with him to his manager's office so he could call him an idiot too.

In cases like this,it allways pays to get a second opinion :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

One day, he told me that he had a call to the Administrative Offices because one of their printers was not working. He said with very little time in there he noticed the printer was out of paper. He put paper in and ran a test print. It printed... :)

I drove an hour (each way) to an onsite appointment to fix this. It was retail POS system, and the printer was just a small docket printer. If the docket doesn't print, the till doesn't open and no sales can be made. Luckily for them the other POS computer had enough paper in the docket printer to keep them going until I got there. :)