Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Slowing - I get an error I don't know

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I have this error in a computer of a friend. He is running XP with Office 2007. The computer is running very slow at boot, taking 10-15 minutes to finish booting and load the Networking adapters. Today this error appeared:

Message Queuing Service encountered a problem and needed to close.

szAppName : mqsvc.exe szAppVer : 5.1.0.1110 szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfb02.dir00\mqsvc.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfb02.dir00\appcompat.txt

I did a quick search and didn't find anything and don't know what this error is. Does this error mean something to anyone? Thanks.

P.S. For those recommending running Anti-Malware programs I followed the guide and ran most of the programs recommended. I do not think this is a virus. Thank

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Means it fell over, that's all it means.
A very slow boot, in excess of 10 minutes is almost certainly a hard drive issue.

Easiest thing to do is find out which drive brand it is, then go to the website of that brand for an appropriate diagnostic tool.

Tpneer2

Tpneer2

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hello this is my first time answering and not sure how much experience you have but it sounds to me like the RAM could be having issues and not the harddrive so Illask a few questions and see if this gives us enough info, first does the brand name screen or BIOS logo come up and for how long it if takes more than a minute at this juncture the BIOS is having problems with RAM, thic could be due to ne sid eor channel for the RAM is failing, if this goes by fast then it probably is the harddrive

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Thanks for both replies. It seems to be an issue when he is actually logging into the Operating system. The BIOS does go by just fine. I've recommended that we look into checking the Hard drive, so far CHKDSK didn't find anything too bad with the drive. Thanks for the posts Again. I was hoping the error above might have shown what was causing the problem. Back to guessing it was the Hard Drive again. :) Thanks,
Matt

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
My Luck it will be Toshiba, but I will give it a try next time I stop over at his house. Thanks for the Replies
:)

Ahmed jama

Ahmed jama

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
[quote name='Immortalarena' date='Apr 1 2010, 03:05 AM' post='1796377']
I have this error in a computer of a friend. He is running XP with Office 2007. The computer is running very slow at boot, taking 10-15 minutes to finish booting and load the Networking adapters. Today this error appeared:

Message Queuing Service encountered a problem and needed to close.

szAppName : mqsvc.exe szAppVer : 5.1.0.1110 szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfb02.dir00\mqsvc.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfb02.dir00\appcompat.txt

I did a quick search and didn't find anything and don't know what this error is. Does this error mean something to anyone? Thanks.

P.S. For those recommending running Anti-Malware programs I followed the guide and ran most of the programs recommended. I do not think this is a virus. Thank

1) it might help if you unistall the office 2007
2)always turn on windows update. it sends you preformance updates and sercurity updates
3)right click on my computer and click on propertise
4)click on advance
5)click on performance
6)click on advance again
7)click on virtual memory
change the the boxes with numbers to
2222 and 3333
close and restart
P.S DONT FORGET TO BACK UP BECAUSE I DONT KNOW IF IT WORK
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND IT IS SOLVED !!
THANKS AND ANY WAY I MADE A WEBSITE THAT UYOU CAN USE ON 1/9/10 TO GET PROBLEMS SOLVED

Edited by Ahmed jama, 03 April 2010 - 10:04 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

mqsvc.exe is a process of the Microsoft Windows Operating System, and belongs to the Message Queue Server (MSMQ). This is a non-essential process.\r Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.\r

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lets see what you have in your startup services area

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Services
Click on the Hide All Microsoft Services...This may hide the service you need to disable.
Then uncheck or disable mqsvc or Microsoft message Queing Service and restart.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then you have found the problem
Post back with the results

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I just got the message back from the gentleman I was helping with this problem. He said that it's running perfectly again. He followed the instructions given by rshaffer61:

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Services
Then uncheck or disable mqsvc or Microsoft message Queing Service and restart.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster than you have found the problem

Thanks rshaffer61!

-Matt

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and I'm glad everything worked out for your friend. Thank you for allowing all of us here at GeeksToGo to assist you with resolving the issue. I also wanted to thank you for being patient with the steps we all suggested for you to try.

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
not a problem with the patience. I like this sit because there are a lot of things I don't even think of. Thanks again!