Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help, "windows explorer has stopped working"

• Please log in to reply

carikr

carikr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
someone please help, I am using windows vista, norton 360, microsoft security essentials, and I keep getting "windows has stopped working" and the windows is restarting.

Edited by carikr, 01 April 2010 - 01:10 PM.
removed log

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Carikr-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Running more than one anti-virus program can cause system conflicts, drain resources and actually leave you more vulnerable to infection. If you are running both Norton Security and Microsoft Security Essentials, your system is going to be conflicted and crash. Please install and run only one anti-virus program.

I'm assuming that you have already paid a subscription for Norton Security, so I would uninstall MSE as it is free. However, the choice is yours, but you must have only one anti-virus program running on your computer.

Also, for future reference, please do not post or attach HJT or any other logs in this forum. Those logs are for malware removal only, and should not be posted here. Thank you.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you in any other way. Cheers! :)