Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Virus Removal

• Please log in to reply

JoJo922

JoJo922

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi:
My sons laptop has a Trojan Virus. We are unable to download any antivirus programs because it blocks successful downloads. the online Geek squad is going to charge $130 to eliminate the virus. Is there a cheaper way to do this? I do not think this problem will be covered by any protection plan I bought with the computer (i.e. it is not hardware or software related). So...I will be out bucks unless I can figure out how to get rid of it...
Comments?
Thanks

JoJo

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
You've come to the right place, just wrong forum. Geekstogo has malware staff that are specially trained for situations like yours. It is 100% free, no gimmicks. You'll be in very good hands. :)

Please Read: IMPORTANT
==============================================================
You may have an infection. You should be checked out by one of our Malware Experts.
Read and complete our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and if your problem still
persists, Start a Posted Image in the Malware Forum. Once cleared by our Malware
Staff, if you still continue to have problems, then return back to THIS topic and we can
trouble shoot further.
==============================================================

Edited by Ferrari, 02 April 2010 - 06:39 PM.