Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My windows firewall wont turn on

• Please log in to reply

molsonmania

molsonmania

• Pip
  • 9 posts
When i try to turn my windows firewall on the following message appears:

Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated server is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS) service?

Yes/No

I click yes and the following occurs:

Windows cannot start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS) service

Please help

Thank you

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Hi there, it may be because one of the LSPs were removed by mistake. Did you have a spyware problem recently and use a spyware remover like Microsoft Antispyware?

Take a look at this site for more information. See if that will fix up the problem.

molsonmania

molsonmania

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yeah i did have spyware problems and i did use microsoft antispyware to remove the spyware il look at the site now.

molsonmania

molsonmania

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Problem sorted my firewall is now working.
Thank you ever so much.

ali kid

ali kid

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hey i kind of have the same problem but the thing is that like my firewall was somehow turned off and anytime i go to enable now it says that the security center could not turn it on. so when i go to windows firewall to turn it on manually it just wont let me theres no where to click