Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WindowXP

• Please log in to reply

jenlyn_ej

jenlyn_ej

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi , I hope you can help me. I am totally computer stupid. If I turn it on and it works I am great otherwise I know NOTHING. This computer is quite old. It has no CD burners,no frills, no bells, no whistles. I mainly use it for email and chatting. A couple of nights ago when I did a reboot I got a pop up screen that told me I was infested with trojans and viruses. It was from General something. No matter what I did it kept coming back. Finally, I got it off my screen long enough to run SpyBot and that said I had a couple of small cookie issues. I did the fix on them but am still having issues. If I reboot a couple of times I can get past my home page for a few minutes but then the pc freezes and does nothing. IF I do an control-alt-delete and end task eventually it will close again. I kept sending the report to Mircosoft but finally read the fine print and opened it to see if i could read the problem.
Here is what the report said:
Error Signature
sxAppName.iexplore.exe7.0.6000.1702
szModName:hungapp
szModNer:0.0.0.0 offset 00000000

On another try this one said:
exactly the same thing except the one number was 7.0.6000.17023

I ran all the Malware virus and trojan scans that this site recommended already. And just after I did it ran fine for about an hour. Then back to the same nonsense.
I thought maybe something else infested me so I tried to Malware again and got this message:
Malwarebyte's Anti Malware did not load report this to (them)
MBAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABAS(0,7)

Is this something you can help me with? And please when you respond remember I dont know what abbreviations or big words mean when it comes to this.
Thanks

Advertisements