Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Can't Find CoreFoundation.dll"--message everytime I reb

• Please log in to reply

IndyGirl

IndyGirl

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi. I removed iTunes from my system b/c when I downloaded update, it gave me Bonjour, which I didn't want. F-Secure thinks Bonjour is trying to hijack my system. Now I get "Can't find CoreFoundation.dll" everytime I reboot. I googled and saw several downloads to supposedly fix it. How do I determine which is safe?"

Or is there another way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Edited by IndyGirl, 06 April 2010 - 08:37 AM.

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Could someone remove this spam and help my friend?

Thanks.

rhmitul

rhmitul

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The Apple Software company is responsible for creating and distributing the corefoundation.dll. file. The DLL file suffix is there to identify that the file is a dynamic link library file. Apple’s itune application is the main core component that works in conjunction with the corefoundation.dll file. The corefoundation.dll file is built to open the various types of multimedia files with the iTunes application. There are other Apple applications that use this corefoundation.dll file as well, but iTunes is the most predominant. If you have come across the “corefoundation.dll was not found or is missing” error, you can resolve it through these steps.
Steps to Fix the Corefoundation.dll is Missing Error

There are several errors that this error could cause, but they are all the same. The core issue is that the application cannot find the this file. If you still see the error after you have gone through step 2, you need run a virus/spyware check on your computer to make sure it is not affected.

Steps 1 – You can begin by uninstalling the Apple application that is causing the problem. If your iTunes application is giving you the corefoundation.dll error, you should remove it from your system. After the removal, you need to restart your computer. Now, download the latest version of the Apple application and run it on your computer. Make sure that the installation is done through the recommended option and not the custom option.

Step 2 – If the application now runs without the error, you should be fine. However, if you still see that this is missing, keep reading. You can retrieve the this file from the internet in order to replace the one you have now. You can corefoundation.dll download .Now Go to My Computer and in the address bar, enter C:\Windows\system32 and place the corefoundation.dll file in it. There will be a file with the same name in the folder, so you need to overwrite it.

Step 3 - Now, you need to go to the Start menu and select Run and input the command “cmd”. The new command prompt will appear and here you enter “regsvr32 corefoundation.dll”. Once this is done, it will configure your system accordingly. Reboot your machine and the this error will be gone.