Alright, since I updated Firefox with 3.6.1, I've been having a few problems. I'll occasionally lose tabs when I restart Firefox, which I've seen happen before I downloaded 3.5.1. The real problem however is the insane amounts of memory Firefox is using. I used to be able to leave Firefox open for a few days at least, usually a week, before the memory got too be a bit high and I had to restart. Now, I have to restart every five hours or so. The memory usage seems to constantly be building. As a test, I opened Firefox and let it sit for several hours, without using it. (I did leave my current tabs open.) The memory usage started out around 230 MB. By the time I came back it had jumped to 600+ MB.
This morning when I checked my computer it was running at 1.2 GB. Firefox said it was only running at 250 MB, but the second I closed it, my computer fell back to only 300 MB, which has me a bit considered I've got a virus connected with Firefox.
I do tend to keep around 40 or 50 tabs open, which I realize is a lot, but I've never had a problem with it in the past. I used to be able to keep 70+ tabs open without problems. All of my open tabs are to flash free sites. They're basically just text sites, without any graphics.
I've tried using Safe Mode and I'm still have problems.
I have no idea what's causing it. I tried using the Leak Monitor, but I honestly don't know enough about Firefox to tell what the problem is.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3.6.3, but I haven't seen any change. I also don't use any of the new themes.
I'm fairly certain that this only started happening with the 3.6.1 update, but I could be wrong. At this point I'm considering just downloading 3.5 again.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
* Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
* npmnqmp 07103010
* Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
* Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
* Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
* DivX® Web Player
* 3D Life Player. For more information, visit the 3D Life Player web site.
* Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.2
* RealPlayer LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
* RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
* NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java Deploy
* The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
* Default Plug-in
* Google Update
* iTunes Detector Plug-in
* Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
* Java Platform SE binary
* Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
* Npdsplay dll
* DRM Store Netscape Plugin
* DRM Netscape Network Object
Edited by nessle, 07 April 2010 - 05:57 PM.