Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Messenger keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply

Richiiee

Richiiee

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
For the last few weeks Yahoo Messenger has been crashing on me the moment i sign in... it signs in successfully and then 5-10 seconds later it says "Yahoo messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close" and closes itself. It used to work perfectly fine months ago, then I stopped using it completely, and when I tried to sign in again a few weeks ago it started crashing everytime. Tried using CCleaner and clearing all my files, no help. Uninstalled Yahoo Messenger and deleted any Yahoo-related file I could to wipe my computer clean of any trace of Yahoo, reinstalled it, still crashes. Tried the latest version of yahoo and some older versions too. Any help? Thanks!

Inspiron 9300
1.73GHz
1GB RAM
100GB HDD

Advertisements

Summer6

Summer6

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi, you can try to download the non beta version and its working fine !
You can also check this:

http://www.helpbytes...blems.php#crash

it says there

'Ypager crashes or performs an illegal operation on startup or right click
This error occurs because you are using a third party skinning application that modifies the Windows Look/Interface.
You need to either remove the program, or open the settings, and disable the skinning of Yahoo! Messenger / YPager.
Two known programs to cause this are Window Blinds and AlienGUIse. Window Blinds has a "per application" setting to override this.'

Richiiee

Richiiee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I'm not using any 3rd party skinning programs though, and I've been trying BETA and non-BETA versions, neither works.

Richiiee

Richiiee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Anybody?

Ikillmalware

Ikillmalware

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I remember using Yahoo Messenger back years ago. I removed it because it began to crash my PC and make it restart - eventually I found out it caused the restarts when uninstalling old programs. I never knew why it did that (and at the time I had barely any experience in computers). Try Msn Messenger, a long time ago I heard you can talk to Msn and Yahoo contacts from either one (correct me if I am wrong now).