Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SD Card - some jpg's corrupt - Help restore

• Please log in to reply

Christa

Christa

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
HI,
SD camera card. I took a bunch of important pictures (at a funeral dinner with a few generations that haven't been together for 15+years) for a good friend of mine, using my Cannon camera. I've never had any issues before! :)

Uploaded the pics and found some of them are corrupt. They are visible but some of them are messed up - like half missing or a line in the middle that looks like the photo has shifted etc. . I did not format or delete the card.
I also had other photos from my daughters group team that they were to use for an upcoming school news letter. As well as some general individual pics.

I've researched for at least 5 hours now, and have downloaded many programs with no luck so far. I'd like something free, but will pay just about anything to save these photos.

I was planning on burning the disks for the out of town family members to take back home with them (most of them depart tomorrow morning) I'll gladly mail them or do whatever, i simply don't want to tell them I messed up or the camera card messed up. Disappointed in myself and not wanting to let them down.

Are they repairable?? :)
Thank you in advance for any help / support.

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi, With the sd card in camera do they show the same thing?
if so I don't think there is anything you can do. Now if they show up
in your camera ok then try putting them in another computer.
Sorry wish I could help you but maybe someone can help.

Dwight