Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Migrate Outlook 07 calendar from XP to 7

• Please log in to reply

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I just recently exported my outlook 07 data file onto an external hard drive from my Xp installation and then imported the data into my outlook 07 on my new Win 7 installation. Everything seems to be ok except for the hundreds of scheduled appointments i set up while in XP. When I try to open and make changes to those appointment times and locations it tells me that only the original person who set up the appointment will be able to make changes that will update all attendees. Since I am the original person who made the appointment, how do I fix it so that it shows in my new Win 7 install?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
http://www.ehow.com/...k-calendar.html

RjBass

RjBass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Yup, except that option will not allow you to take ownership of the calendar events in Windows 7 when running Outlook 07 or Outlook 10. It allows you to see the events scheduled and make changes to the events locally, but it won't then send out updates of those events to the proper recipients.

That is the problem I am having, is taking ownership of the file. I have gone though the normal ownership options with the data file it's self, but that has not resolved the issue.