Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get USB soundcard to work with Vista

• Please log in to reply

87lsmc

87lsmc

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have an audio advantage SRM usb soundcard that I have used for the past couple of years with a set of Turtle Beach headphones. Recently I installed some updates with Vista and the soundcard quit working. I've tried reinstalling the drivers but I keep getting the message that the drivers have failed to install. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Try 'System Restore' to go back to a date before you installed the Windows Updates. If that works, turn off 'Automatic Updates' in the Vista Control Panel. Download Windows Updates manually on an "as needed" basis, in other words only install an update from Microsoft if it addresses a problem your having.

That rule applies to driver updates too. Don't update a driver just because an update is available. Read what issues, if any, the new driver addresses and only install it if it corrects a problem you're having with the old driver. Otherwise, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

87lsmc

87lsmc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I just did standard windows system updates, no drivers or anything that said it was related to audio. I tried system restore and no luck. I finally just restarted and selected to disable the digital driver enforcement.