Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Secutiry tool - Win32 Generic host error

• Please log in to reply

workhome10

workhome10

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I had a pesky trojan on my computer that kept popping up with the XP Security tool alias. In the task manager the virus showed up as proccess ave.exe I researched a lot of information and I downloaded Malware bytes in order to get rid of it. Malware bytes found12 problems then I removed them, Rebooted my PC, then turned my restore on and off, then cleaned temporary internet files and other saved information. After about 4 hours it all came back again and worse. I did the process again the same exact way and this time it seemed to be successful, except a day later i started getting this Win32 Generic host error. At first i thought maybe I had messed up the registry but I'm wondering if this is part of the trojan. The ave.exe is not running any more, but I get the win32 error randomly while on the internet. It does not come up immediately when I start firefox, but maybe 3 hours later. Sometimes it prevents the sound from flash sites, and other times it doesn't seem to have any effect. I am concerned that this problem will get worse and cause other issues. Please Help.

Advertisements