Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 7 security recommendations

• Please log in to reply

sportspeddler1

sportspeddler1

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Several years ago GeeksToGo saved my desktop computer that was all gunked up with viruses, spyware, malware, etc. I have been using Avast antivirus and Comodo firewall ever since on my Windows XP computers. This combo has done a great job protecting my XP computers and I am familiar with them. Now I have a new laptop with Windows 7 and am looking for GTG's recommendation for how to best protect it. If the information is somewhere else on the site I have not been able to find it.
Thank you for your help,
Brad

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
sportspeddler1-

That sounds like a great combination. I use AVG and Comodo myself. :)

Those are great programs that will run on a wide variety of operating systems, including Windows 7. Of course, you can always look at Geeks to Go's list of recommended protection programs here if you want to browse more options. Also, make sure to keep up with safe computing practices- this article is a pretty good start.

Hope that helps! :) Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.