Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Floppy Disk Failure

• Please log in to reply

DeadlyDagon

DeadlyDagon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If anyone could help me with this problem it would be great appreciated.
My comp restarted itself and by itself after I was trying to launch a program.
When it restarted I got this black screen with white words saying something about floppy disk failure (which my comp does not have). I didn't get to read it since it went away 5 secs after it was shown.
After the comp was trying to start up, it did and became stuck on the windows blue screen. Which is the beginning when the computer starts.
It stood there and didn't do anything. With no option I kept restarting the computer from it's tower a few times. Same thing.....
On the 4 try it finally stopped doing that and brought me to some other black screen that has options like Start Windows normal, Start Windows on last configuration, Safe mode etc.
I selected each one and nothing..Only a black screen now. My monitor works fine so that can't be the problem.
Any idea on what this could be? Fried hard drive maybe?
If someone can help or give me a clue to what it can be, it would be so much apprciated.
As you can tell I don't know much about computers..
Thank you

Advertisements