Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Your web hosting provider?

• Please log in to reply

0zas

0zas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking http://www.hosting24.com/ at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
What are your needs in a host? So you can narrow down your search.

IE Answer some of the following.

• Amount of Disk Space Anticipated, DO you really need 100+GB Of Space?
  • What is the scripting technology you use? ASP.NET, PHP, RUBY etc
  • If you use a database what type is it? MySQL, MSSQL, etc
  • Anticipated bandwidth you are going to need, don't confuse with disk space! (A rough estimate would be your largest page in kb/mb * anticipated daily visitors * 30. Which will equal to about one month of data transfer) In either Kb or Mb depending on the size of the file.
  • Are you going to need email accounts? And if so about how many
  • Are you going to need more than 1 ftp account? and if so how many
  • Do you plan on utilizing sub-domains? IE example.example.com?
  • What is your maximum monthly budget for web hosting?

For recommendations, I use TotalChoiceHosting.com Good host, they run most of their own data centers and have low cost / cheap plans. Then as you grow you can expand your storage as you need.

ranveer

ranveer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
can anyone suggest a cheap hosting

adamsmith352

adamsmith352

• Pip
  • 5 posts
According to me up.biz is a best web hosting company. I have got the cheap and best hosting services. It is really Fast hosting service.