Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error in system recovery

• Please log in to reply

Mich73

Mich73

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I am having some issues with my daughters computer and Im not sure if Im posting in the right spot.

It was running really slow, I did all the steps to remove trojans/malware and all that. I couldnt get one of the programs to run...i think it was the OTL.

Anyhow, I removed some obsolete programs like norton and stuff it didnt need. Noticed someone had disabled some things (I forgot the correct term) but it is the ones that are exe files in the process area. Some of them said, do not disable this is to make windows load and such. So after researching some of them, I enabled them to run. Rebooted and the pc was just hanging and the desktop icons would not load. No task bar or anything. I did a system restore which did not help, then I did the system recovery.

Said it worked okay until I hit the finish button and now all I get is the Thank you, Congratulations youre ready to go. it wont change and I cant do anything on it.

Mind you I do not have a disk for this computer. Is there anything I can do to salvage it?

Thanks
Michele

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
:) sorry we missed you ...
did you ever get it fixed...if not go here to post # 2...that should fix yours as well