Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

programs keap crashing and loosing conection

• Please log in to reply

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
thats what i tought :) thanks :) ill get to work wright nou and my friend will bring me another modem in 2h so i should be able to test it if there will still be a problem vith conection .

cya in a few hours :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Okey dokey not a problem. I will be here for the next 12 hours and I will monitor this topic for your results.

Edited by rshaffer61, 16 May 2010 - 08:06 AM.

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
ok im back and im so furstrated because of all this :)
Formated ... insatled win , motherboard drivers , graphic card drivers , Avast anitvirus and SP2 ... conected to internet and tryed to update anitivirus and it just says initialazing please wayt and nothing happens :)
page loading is still slow :) what did i do wrong ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
From what you are describing you have done nothing wrong.
Please do the following and let me know.
  • (for Windows XP users)
  • Please click Start and click Run
    (for Windows Vista and 7 users)
  • Please click Start and select the white text box.
  • Type: devmgmt.msc and hit Enter
  • Look for any entries with a Yellow Exclamation Mark or Red X's

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
im starting to loose my minde wright after my last post the conection went down ... all lights on modem went off exept internet light wich was just "bleping" idk how to say it in english . So for joke i tryed that other modem i got but still could not conect back ... so i lost another hour trying to conect back :) then i conected back my old modem but still nothing only one light was on no mater how many times i restart it or restarted the PC still nothing ... i went out to grab some thing to eat and when i came back the lights went on and IP changed back to normal so im back here tough it took 15 min to load all the pages so i could write this post :)

here is the pic you asked for ...

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled2.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well the problem as I see it is the modem itself.
The signal is getting lost as this comment says.

after my last post the conection went down ... all lights on modem went off exept internet light wich was just "bleping" idk how to say it in english . So for joke i tryed that other modem i got but still could not conect back

According to what you are saying the MODEM lost signal and or power. The computer system was still running but nothing to modem. This tells me the modem is the issue or the signal itself.

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
how can i tes that other modem without loosing conection again ? do i have to do any thing or just plug every thing to that other modem and thats it .
the other modem i got is Motorola not Thomson like the one i got ...

the thing is that when i lost conection i tryed that other modem but i still couldnt get the conection and IP was diferend in both cases ..but when i got back conection IP changes and DNS changes ... what are the steps if this happens again ?

Edited by Killza, 16 May 2010 - 01:29 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep when you put a different modem on the line then the mac address of the modem will be different then what is assigned tot he service. It most likely will not work.
I still suggest you call the ISP and tell them the problem is not your system but the modem itself. When the modem lost power that indicates a faulty battery or power connection. When it loses that and the signal then I would say the modem itself is faulty.
Being as long as it has been since you got the original service I would have your ISP replace the modem.

Edited by rshaffer61, 16 May 2010 - 02:10 PM.

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
ohh well i guess ill try that toomorow because i will loose my minde tooday if i spend another hour trying to fix this :)

Thank you for your time and help tooday :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and I will watch for your response tomorrow.

Advertisements

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I think i found the problem ... ill tell whole story if you dont mind so others might learn from my mistakes .

Ok before this started to happen on a regulary basis i decidet to format my HD because of the viruses and to take out a few fans because they were wery loud "had 3 extra fans" and clean it inside because it had like 1kg of dust :) so when i open it and took those extra fans out i saw that that the fan on the motherboard had so much dust in it that i couldnt eaven move it with my finger watch pic what fan i mean ....

so i tryed to take that fan apart and some thing made a noise like if you would break some thing plastic so i left it alone coz didnt want to take apart whole motherboard and i just cleaned that dust out with toothbrush and vacum cleaner ...put the PC back toogether and formated it and the troubles started with this [bleep] conection not wright on the first day but after a few days so i didnt remeber about this fan and if im honest it didnt cros my minde that the [bleep] fan could cause so much damage . But tooday i turned off my PC and went to work " otherwise i never turn off my PC " came back home turn it back ON and the WARNING mesage comes wright one the start " Warning - chip fan failure or speed is to low " before i was just restarting and this mesage never apeared so tooday i started to put all the peaces toogether and realized that this could be it .

So my toughts are.. before eaven if this fan didnt work because of the dust other 3 fans were saving his [bleep] and cooled the motherboard just enough so it didnt owerheat and after i took them out or maybe i broke the [bleep] motherboard fan the real troubles started .
So is it posible that if chips on the motherboard owerheat and maybe have some conection with Internet conection that all this is happening ?

Ty and im off to fix this fan or put some other fan insted of the broken one and i will be back with results if not i guess ill have to buy new motherboard or whole PC lol

Sory for my english i know there is alot mistakes its my second maybe 3th language :)

Attached Thumbnails

• asus_board.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep looks like the video chip cooling fan. If that is what is defective then it would answer why graphic intensive programs like games would crash the system. Great detective work on your part and I will watch for your next update.

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Ufff took apart everything eaven managed to take apart that fan on motherboard cleaned and vacumed all and lucky me had some thermal grease to put back under that fan :) and tested if the fan work at all lol and it does :) so i put all back toogether and mounted back those 3 aditional fans around the motherboard turn ON the PC and it sounds like a freaking Jet engine :) :) but atleaste the download speed is around 12MB/s on average did atleaste 10-15 tests and did a Ping test for joke and it says Line quality is A :)

I hope this was it and it will stay this way ... will test the speed again in two hours before bed if there will be any changes if not i guess we did solve the problem and we can close this topic :)

Rshaffer thank you so much for all the help and your time i wish i could buy you a beer or what ever you drink :) and thanks every one else who tryed to help much apresheated :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Speed1.JPG
  • ping.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and I'm glad you remembered the fans. Please let me know how it is working in a couple of hours and maybe even in 24 hours. If it holds then you have resolved it with a lot of detective work on your side.
No payment is needed as resolving the issue with you is why I do this. I am happy with a Thank you and a correctly running running system in the end. :) :)

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Ok then i will wayt till toomorow just in case and will post results in next 24h because some times it did work and then went nutz ower night :)

Ok then one big THANK YOU from me :)