Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting Inaccessible Files

• Please log in to reply

cking24301

cking24301

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Kids in their profile used some Lime Wire application. When I went to log on to my account Windows created a whole new profile under \TEMP. My profile was corrupted. I could not even as an Administrator getto the old profile. Kept getting Access Denied messages. I used UNLOCKER where I was able to copy what I need into inot a new profile. I then went to remove the Old corrupted account. Though it was successful it left the old file folder. wnating to get rid of this folder for good I found again I could not delete it receiving the Acess denied messages. Using Unlocker again I was able to delete all but three subfolders. At this point I am unable to delete the parent folder and the three subfolders in that i still recieve the Access Denied message or even with using Unlocker.

What else can I do to take control pf theses and delete them?... Boy I miss DOS.

CK

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
cking24301-

Tell me about it.

I know Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware has an application called FileASSASSAIN. I haven't used it, but maybe it might help.