Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Connection

• Please log in to reply

cvos34

cvos34

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have a laptop that sometimes if it has been off when I turn it on it will not connect to my network. When I clik on my network it says it is unable to connect!? I have to unplug my wireless router to get it to work. Why is this, and what can I do to keep from having to do this?

Advertisements

Ikillmalware

Ikillmalware

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Could you post some information about your router, operating system and your computer please, as well as which wireless/wired adapter you're using?

cvos34

cvos34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It's Netgear my laptop is Compaq windows 7 using the built in adapter it has.

Ikillmalware

Ikillmalware

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Have you enable sleep mode on your router. Some routers will automatically sleep to save energy, mine has an option to (it's a Netgear as well).

cvos34

cvos34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I don't know if it has sleep mode or not. How do I check? I have other computers that work just fine. They are all connected by cat5.

Ikillmalware

Ikillmalware

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Check the Netgear Utility or type "192.168.1.1" into your browser, then type in your routers password, default is admin, then see if Power saving mode is on.