Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Satellite 35x

• Please log in to reply

bigdog_mike

bigdog_mike

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have a Toshiba satellite 35X laptop, that won't power-up, whether with battery or AC power supply. Have done all the fixes that users have said will remedy the power plug issues, by first checking the mother board and the AC power plug on the board, resoldered the connection to the mother board, then tested the continuity of this connection, which passed. Then also repaired the freeze-up problem with the speaker grills shorting because of static electricity being discharged and poor grounding of the speaker grills and touch pad. Added the proper grounds to the speaker and the touch pad. Reassembled the laptop and booted up the system which starts then stops, so I pluged in the AC power supply to it, which you see the power light come on, then hit the power button and the system finally boots up, then I tested it with and without the AC power supply and no problem. Then this morning I turn on the system, nothing, the power comes on for a few seconds then nothing, so I plug-in the AC power supply and try again to power up, nothing. Now I'm stuck, repaired the power plug on the mother board but the darn thing won't boot longer than 2 seconds and dies. New help, or is this a lost cause??? :)

Advertisements