Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No monitor display, assume jumper problem

• Please log in to reply

EGRyan

EGRyan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
p4 2.8ghz prescott
intel desktop board d915PCY
ati x700pro 256

i power on the computer, all the parts are working, there is no beeping....... however monitor displays a black screen, at first i thought it was the videocard so i went out and bought a new one, but the new one didnt change anything

my video card is on pciex16

this is my first build, please if somebody could walk me through this, im at my wits end ive been waiting weeks to get my computer working I don't know what to do.

Please contact me
aim:egryan
email:egryan87 at hotmail dot com

Advertisements

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
get a regular pci graphics card...maybe an old one or a friends...you can buy em for like 20$. the bios maybe auto set for pci and not pci-e. then if that works, change the display feed in bios.

Nixx

EGRyan

EGRyan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
no because the video worked the very first time i powered on the pc
then i powered off to plug in the usb and sound and all those other pin jumper lookin things..... and since then thevideo hasnt worked

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
take a look at this thread- it might be the same problem.

Nixx

EGRyan

EGRyan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yea it might be, but theres no solution given above..... im trying to obtain a pci video card...... but no luck yet........ >_<

Silentlover12

Silentlover12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
EG,

Try testing each piece of hardware with your motherboard and cpu. Your vidoe card should be recognized by the bios. Unplug everything and test the motherboard/cpu and your vidoe card. If your vidoe card is recognized then continue to add one piece of hardware and testing it in this manor until all hardware is being recognized by the bios up into the point where you can install your OS and other drivers.

Silent

TiMBuS

TiMBuS

• Pip
  • 7 posts
its not the video card. if you cant get to the bios it may be that you have another damaged component. I have a dual-RAM board. If you put the RAM into an incorrect slot, it doesnt boot at all, but everything physically starts up.. Oh, and if you went and put the USB in wrong, you may have blew a section of the board.

Edited by TiMBuS, 23 May 2005 - 06:16 AM.