Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copy Protect Files

• Please log in to reply

Kallico

Kallico

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've looked and looked, but cannot find anything without paying a arm and a leg. I take a lot of technical questions for technicians in the field. I created a Excel document, that I can also convert into a pdf file. These techs always have cell phones. I would like to sell this for like $5 each, and send it to a cell number they provide. The one thing I'm trying to figure out is how do I keep this from landing on ebay, or anyplace else, for some goober to copy and sell as well. Does anyone know how I can copy protect the file so that the person I send it to doesn't start making profit off of my work? Short of getting a lawyer & spending big bucks.
Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You can't.
The only fool-proof way of protecting anything is not to put it on the Internet in the first place.

Local copyright law varies from state to state and country to country but the general gist is, if its your own work, you own the copyright to it and therefore a potential avenue is enforcement of copyright infringement.