Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sasser?

• Please log in to reply

The_Shadow_630

The_Shadow_630

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Ok, my work computer was working just fine on Friday while i was in network. I put it on standby like I always do and took it home with me. Upon opening to wake it up, it showed only the desktop image, none of the icons or the taskbar. I thus restarted it thinking that something may have just stuck when putting it in stand by. Upon rebooting it, I tried logging in as normal as was told that I could not be logged in because a parameter was invalid. I tried both network log-in (saved domain credentials) and direct computer log-in (matching user profile added to computer) and neither allows me to log in. I then rebooted the unit again and was greeted by a warning message saying that lsass.exe had failed to load with system code 1073741819. I would normally go through the process of detection as suggested by this forum, but I cannot log in to do any of it. I did a little research on lsass.exe with this system code and the research links it to either Sasser or a similar exploit worm. Any ideas as to how I can either scan the system without logging in or log in safely to scan the system? Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by The_Shadow_630, 18 April 2010 - 04:11 PM.

Advertisements