Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

YouTube Links Won't Load Properly In Browsers

• Please log in to reply

sere83

sere83

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
I have a really annoying problem that is really pi**ing me right off, any help fixing it would be greatly appreciated.

Basically when I go to YouTube in Firefox or any other browser, I click a couple of links and they load fine. Then however every time I click a link the page just hangs. Sometimes if I clear the cache it might go there but often not. It's very sporadic sometimes ages will load, sometimes not at all. Also when I run a search this often comes up and the search will not run >>

Posted Image

Or I get a just a whole page of nonsensical code, which after I refresh the page may go away and then the page loads properly. >>

Posted Image

My system runs windows 7 ultimate and is a P4 3Ghz with 3Gb Ram.

Edited by sere83, 18 April 2010 - 11:24 AM.

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Edit. Sorry, I thought this was a malware topic.

Edited by mpascal, 26 April 2010 - 06:00 PM.

artm12

artm12

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi Friend,
Do you have the NoScript extension installed on firefox? If yes, then that can be the problem, coz it doesn’t allow javascript or flash to load. So look for the options, if you have the NoScript extension installed. Also, go to adobe site, and download and install the latest flash player, and shockwave player.

Thanks,
James

sere83

sere83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi there, thanks for your reply. I had the no script plugin on my other computer but uninstalled it. The funny thing is both my computers have this problem. I tried installing latest shockwave and flash, no change though, it still does what it did before, loads a video or 2 normally then that box comes up then pages of nonsense code.

This happens in both internet explorer and firefox.

Edited by sere83, 27 April 2010 - 06:03 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I assume both systems are attached to the same router?

If so it sounds like a DNS issue, either with your router or ISP.

I'd start be restoring your router to factory defaults (usually a small reset button on the back). Don't forget to reset your security settings when done (wireless security, and change router default login/password).

If that doesn't work. Try an alternate DNS like OpenDNS, or GoogleDNS.