Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I bought my 3rd processor, and still the problem isnt fixed :/

• Please log in to reply

Fady_0

Fady_0

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings,

A year ago, i had a PC with - dual core processor ( dont remember the model numb)
- 3gb of Ram
- a 512Mb Nvidia Vga card
- 160 Gb hard disk

The only things i did on the pc were playing a game called silkroad online , opening several clients and playing with several characters at the same time ( The game doesnt require a powerful pc at all ) and playing texas hold'em poker on facebook from time to time .. anyway, as time goes by, i noticed that the PC became slower , whenever i open a page with flash stuff the cpu process just jump to 100% immediatly, i registered here at forum and posted my problem, members suggested scanning the pc, installing a fresh copy of windows and so on .. but none worked , some one eventually adviced me to buy a new processor.

I decided to try another processor .. i took dad's professor from his PC and tried it .. everything was good for like a month, then the same problem happened again .. so finally i decided to change the whole pc , i had enough.

4 month ago , i Bought an - Intel Core2Duo CPU (E8400)running @ 3.0 Ghz
- 4gb of ram Kingston (1066 Mhz) HyperX DDR2
- Asus P5Q Mb
- xfx ATI Radeon HD 4770 Vga card
- 1 TB WD hard disk + kept the old one ( installed windows on it)
- I kept the old case .. doesnt seem right to thing that the case was the problem

Anyway, that was like a huge update for me.. i installed windows 7 ultimate 64 Bit , Kaspersky and so on and started using the PC .. it was pretty fast .. I started playing world of warcraft ... i played like 3 WOW clients with no problems at all ( Cpu usage didnt even pass 70%) but unfortunatly .. lately , i cant even open 2 clients :/ with 2 clients open cpu usage is constantly 100% , this is driving me crazy! .. i formated the windows partition , reinstalled windows 7 and installed NOD32 and downloadded all windows updates last night .. but still , nothing improved.. Thought it might be the Temp. so i downloaded RealTemp application and found out that the temp of both cores is around 65-69 degree celcius .. i opened the case and put a fan next to the case.. the Temp. dropped to around 52.. but still performance is the same .. cpu usage is still 100%! I am a bit dissapointed because the main reason for upgrading was to be able to multibox while playing online games and never face the 100% cpu usage issue again.

I uploaded a couple of screenshots taken from 3d mark, a screenshot taken while testing the processor and another one that shows the total score , i dont know if the cpu score is below normal for the E8400 processor or not.. hopefully, one of u may know

3D Mark Results:

Posted Image

The shot taken while performing the cpu test:

Posted Image

The screen almost freezed while performing the test .. does the 0fps means anything or this is just normal?

anyone have any possible explanation? why does this keep happening to me?

Ty in advance

Edited by Fady_0, 18 April 2010 - 11:35 AM.

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
The part of the benchmark that use said the screen was freezing is normal when testing the CPU. Mine does the same thing.

Do you ever perform any maintenance on your PC? That's the only thing I can think of, is that windows temp files and your hard drives defragmentation is causing this. :)

See if this helps...

1. Use the msconfig utility to stop unnecessary processes running at startup.
  • Click Start
  • Click Run...
  • Type msconfig
  • Click OK
  • Click on the Startup Tab
  • Untick everything except your antivirus and/or other "real time"
    security software
  • PLEASE NOTE: Anything like a wireless card, touchpad, keyboard, etc.
    needed during startup (primarily in laptops) should be left alone
  • Click Apply then OK
  • You will be prompted to Restart, do so.
  • Upon reboot, you will be notified system changes have been made. Make
    sure to put a check mark next to "do not notify me again" and click OK.
This will help the computer boot faster and eliminate some things from running in the background. If you don't know what a certain process is, google "What is XXXXX.exe" to find out, okay? If you can't seem to find the answer, ask me, and leave it alone.

Posted Image

2. Lets delete all Temporary Files
  • Download Posted Image
  • Save it to your Desktop
  • Double Click ATFCleaner.exe Posted Image
  • Click Select All under the "Main" Tab
  • Click "Empty Selected" See Image
  • ATF Cleaner will notify you how many mb were freed.
Posted Image

3. Let's defrag your hard drive.
  • Download Posted Image
  • Save it to your Desktop
  • Double Click the setup file
  • Follow all installation instructions/prompts
  • Once installed, restart your computer
  • Double Click the MyDefrag Icon installed on your Desktop Posted Image
  • Select "Defragment Only (See image)
  • Click Run
Do NOT have any other programs running while defragging, and only defrag after restart.

Posted Image

Let me know if that helps. :)

Edited by Ferrari, 19 April 2010 - 06:25 PM.