Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AppleSyncNotifier

• Please log in to reply

Farley

Farley

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
When I turn on my computer (Dell Presario SR1620NX running Windows XP), a message box stating the following pops up on the desktop:

AppleSyncNotifier.exe unable to locate component. This application has failed to start because CoreFoundation.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. <OK>

I clicked OK, the box closed and the computer runs just fine. I did a search for AppleSyncNotifier and 2 files were found:

1) ProgramFiles\Common files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin (174KB)
2) Applesyncnotifier.exe-11855EB.pf (6KB)

How can I eliminate the message box from appearing when I start the computer? Thanks.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Download and install the latest iTunes, it should give you the option to repair the installation, do so. Next run the Apple Software Update and update to the latest version of Mobile Me control panel.

Farley

Farley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Did it work for you too? I had a client in the workshop the other day and that's what I did and it started working properly again, no errors.

Funny considering I don't use Apple software at all...

Cheers

Farley

Farley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
It worked just fine. Thanks.
Rice Crispies

Vancouverbc07

Vancouverbc07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks, I installed I-tunes 9.1 and did my apple updates and it got rid of the error message "AppleSyncNotifier.exe was unable to locate a component. This application has failed to start because CoreFoundation.dll was not found." :)

Manop

Manop

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This is an old thread but I’ll try my luck here…
I have reinstalled my iTunes but it didn’t work for me, I have Vista Home.
I read in the following article about this corefoundation.dll was not found applesyncnotifier.exe that this can happen due to a problem with my registry system, so even if I reinstall iTunes my registry is still ‘broken’ when calling that .dll file. So in that case what should I do? Any advise will be appreciated.

Edited by Manop, 22 March 2011 - 04:46 AM.