Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unknown error 4260

• Please log in to reply

jamcat01

jamcat01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to burn a CD from my itunes play list and it starts the disc burn then about 1/2 way through it cancels the burn and I get the 4260 error
I have wasted alot of disc trying. I have decreased the speed to 2X and this did not even burn 1 song for the list. I have cleaned up the registry too. I am using CD-R memorex discs. I have a optorite cd-rw 5201 driver listed in the device manager if that helps.

Any suggestions

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi and welcome,

First thing to try would be using a different program to see if you can even burn anything at all.

Try here and see if you have any success burning:

http://www.geekstogo...SC-t177373.html

Cheers

Troy

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

I have cleaned up the registry too

This is a bad idea.

A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable. We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there. Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

Link to "Why not to use a Registry cleaner"

http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html