Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'M LOST HTML, JPEG PICTURE?

• Please log in to reply

R- I'M LOST

R- I'M LOST

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
HELLO, I'M R- I'M LOST--I DON'T REALLY KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT COMPUTERS--NOW, O.K. I WAS SIMPLY TRYING TO PUT A PICTURE ON A MESAGE BOARD. FROM WHAT I KNOW ABOUT THE MESAGE BOARD SO FAR IS THAT I CAN TYPE IN MY "HTML"?? DOCUMENT BETWEEN TWO BRACKETS [IMAGE] [/IMAGE] BUT I HAVE TO TAKE OUT THE TWO [ AND [ AND PUT THAT HTML DOCUMENT INBETWEEN THE BRACKETS--O.K. BUT MY PICTURE THAT'S IN MY DOCUMENTS IS A "JPEG" AND WHEN I PUT THE WORDING (C:/ DOCUMENTS ECT..) OR DRAG THE PICTURE INBETWEEN THE BRACKETS IT TURNS INTO A RED X AND THE PICTURE WILL NOT SHOW EVEN IF I RIGHT CLICK SHOW PICTURE. SO AM I SUPPOSSED TO CHANGE MY "JPEG" TO AN "HTML" AND IF SO HOW DO I DO THAT??? ;) ;) :tazz:

Advertisements

jyank

jyank

• Pip
  • 6 posts
You will have to host the picture on-line somewhere first before it will show up - rather than just linking it from your hard drive.

Go to www.imageshack.us upload the picture there.

It will have a textbox then after with something of the sort "Direct Image URL" copy that, go to where you want to put the image and type [img ]paste the url here [/img ]

Note - take the space after the G out of the text for it to work.

hope this helps.

R- I'M LOST

R- I'M LOST

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
THANK YOU SOO MUCH JYANK- !!! IT TOOK ME A LITTLE WHILE BUT IT FINALLY WORKED. I STILL HAVE SOME ROUGH EDGES TO SMOOTH OUT BUT THE PICTURE WENT ON THE BOARD--IT WAS SMALL AND IN THE MIDDLE AND IN BETWEEN THE CODE BUT IT WENT UP NONE THE LESS. NEXT I'LL FIGURE OUT HOW THEY POST PICTURES IN SIZES AND CLEAN WITHOUT ALL THE IMG//:URL. PHP?56.TTO ECT... BUT THANKS SOO MUCH I'M ON MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!