Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hello I need some help with a laptop

• Please log in to reply

rebelz1

rebelz1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
ok here is what it say's in the BIOS

Attached Thumbnails

• 2010_04_29_22.04.37.jpg

Advertisements

rebelz1

rebelz1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I can take more pictures if you want me to but it will have to be tomorrw night after work sometime cause right now I am about fed up with this machine so I need to cool off a little and try again tomorrow.

Thanks rebelz1

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Thank you for taking pictures, it really makes my job soooo much easier. In the last picture of the BIOS it clearly shows that no hard drive is recognized. But there is an option to expand it. Press Enter with the "Internal Hard Drive" highlighted. What does it say?

Also, have you exited the BIOS by saving and exiting? Press F10, Press Y, Press Enter. Then it will try to boot to a cd or hard drive, it won't find anything, go back into the BIOS, does the hard drive show up now? The reason I ask this and state this is because I've had hard drive not be recognized in the BIOS until the 2nd boot after saving what seemed like a BIOS where nothing had been changed.

I am about fed up with this machine so I need to cool off a little and try again tomorrow.

I know how you feel, I've done that very same thing many of times. :)

It is a possibility that the new hard drive you bought is bad. Usually when a client tells me that they bought a new hard drive and it's not showing up in the BIOS I respond with that the hard drive must be bad, Dead On Arrival.

I still think clearing the CMOS might help too. Let me know how things go, keep me updated.