Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP system fan has failed error in new case

• Please log in to reply

Neo31801

Neo31801

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello again,

I bought a new case and swapped my HP "guts" into it....now on every start up or reboot i get an error stating:

System Fan Has Failed! Service PC to prevent damage to the system.
press <F2> to continue

I know the root of the problem comes from the fact that the factory rear case fan plugged in to the motherboard and my new case fans are the larger molex type plugs that hook straight to my psu

The fans work fine but i guess since theres no reading from the plug on the mobo it reads as an error....is there any way to bypass or disable this error? Its becoming an aggrivation

The computer is an HP Pavilion A6200-n (mobo is a MCP61PM-HM) and the new case is an Antec 902

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Had same problem with an HP once and the only way I found to get rid of that message at boot time is to replace the molex connector of my new fan with one I can connect to the System fan plug on the motherboard.

Neo31801

Neo31801

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Had same problem with an HP once and the only way I found to get rid of that message at boot time is to replace the molex connector of my new fan with one I can connect to the System fan plug on the motherboard.

thought about this option...either way its more trouble than its worth lol...thanks for the reply