Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

https site won't open

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this...
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands click on Start.... Run..... type in...CMD ....click OK

To Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults...type in ... netsh winsock reset catalog .... press ...enter

To Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults...type in...... netsh int ip reset reset.log ... press ...enter
=============================================
To repair and reset Windows Vista

1. Click on Start button.
2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
4. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
5. Restart the computer.

========================
nojoy...go here and follow the guide for IE

Edited by happyrock, 01 May 2010 - 06:29 PM.

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

The site opened just fine, with IE8 or FF and with all current security before I had to do a full recovery. I can't understand why it won't open now. I have disabled and even uninstalled various security without resolution. Maybe I should just do another full recovery? I don't want to, but need to access that site without going through major stuff each time I need to do so. 2 browsers are enough to handle!

The first thing you can do is run the newset version of Spywareblaster. Use the "unprotect all" option, then reboot the PC. It could be as simple as a Spywareblaster entry which is blocking your connection to Applebank.

Also, IE8 can be set back to defaults quite easily. Do this as well please.

heidkat

heidkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi DaffyKantReed,
Have latest version of Spywareblaster but I uninstalled it then reinstalled it to be sure, set it to Protection Disabled for all. Then set IE 8 to defaults for Advanced, Security and Privacy --- No luck opening site.

happpyyrock,
I have Windows 7, IE 8, Firefox 3.6.3--are there different cmd instructions for that? I found this (attached) on a google search-- should I do that?
Already tried the stuff in the link-no go.

Much appreciative of all the help, folks!

heidkat

heidkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
ok, couldn't attach that file-
Here is the link to the site:
superuser site

and here is the content:

how to reinstall the tcp/ip protocol driver on windows7 ?

tcpip networking windows-7
flag asked Aug 27 '09 at 22:05
Revolter
1,891●3●12

84% accept rate

2 Answersoldest newest votes
Reinstall and Reset TCP/IP (Internet Protocol)

Click on Start button.
Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
Type netsh int ip reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
Restart the computer.
note: if you're using manually assigned TCP/IP settings, take notes as this will reset to the default 'automatically obtained'
link|flag answered Aug 27 '09 at 22:32
Molly7244

would you mind telling us a little more detailed about your problem? – Molly7244 Aug 28 '09 at 2:18
whats the difference between doing this, and using "add new hardware" then select "windows tcp ip protocol driver" ? this work fo XP, in win7 there's no such option ... – Revolter Aug 28 '09 at 2:23
are you looking for TCPIP.SYS? please tell us exactly what you want to achieve. – Molly7244 Aug 28 '09 at 2:53
well, I want to reinstall all the files and settings related to the tcp/ip driver. – Revolter Sep 11 '09 at 22:17
funny, only this afternoon one of my windows 7 VMs crashed due to a corrupt driver (tcpip.sys), as suggested, a repair installation solved the issue. – Molly7244 Sep 11 '09 at 22:50
show 1 more comment

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

Have used this a thousand times. The link provides an .EXE file to automatically do that reset for u.
link|flag answered Aug 28 '09 at 6:47

community wiki
TheLakersHighlights

it's just an automated version of "netsh int ip reset" – Revolter Aug 28 '09 at 19:27

Your Answer

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Click Start...Run... and type in cmd ...click OK ...
on the command prompt type the following and press ENTER after each line...

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

Restart the system and check a https site

If you are using Norton Internet Security... Try reducing the Security Settings for Norton Firewall and check if you are able to visit secure sites. If that does not work then you will have to reinsatall Norton Internet Security.

heidkat

heidkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I can open every other https site in the world (small exageration!) except for applebank.com.I even turned Norton off-no diff.

re the cmd prompts, 3 were successful, 6 not-screenshots of those with the error messages attached-- have to do it multiple times because of size
Untitled.png

Untitled_2.png

Untitled.png

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled_3.png

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
save the screenshots as .jpg files.... not png
try going here to see if java is up to date

Edited by happyrock, 03 May 2010 - 05:02 PM.

heidkat

heidkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I'm not abel to tsendthe pother 3-says too large, so will attach to my email and send that way

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I'm not abel to tsendthe pother 3-says too large, so will attach to my email and send that way

no need...go back to my last post and check your version of java

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
also try cutting and pasting this link in your address bar...
https://www.applebank.com/customer-detail.aspx?id=345

Advertisements

heidkat

heidkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
converted to jpeg, still getting too large messages tho each one is ni the 330-340 KB range
triued it as a word doc-rejected too

heidkat

heidkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Java up to date, no luck with the cut n paste-did not open, same error mesages-timed out

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try a few https sites like banks...copy the links for the ones that will not connect...I'm trying to find a common denominator for the sites that you can't connect to like it needs javascript or whatever...

Attached Thumbnails

• scripts.jpg

Edited by happyrock, 03 May 2010 - 05:42 PM.

heidkat

heidkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
chase.com, fidelity.com and bankofamerica.com open just fine. All my other https sites open fine except apple bank

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
click on start...all programs...accessories...right click on command prompt...run as admin...then type in
ipconfig /flushdns
it should say it was successful

nojoy

you will have find at least one more site that won't open for you

Edited by happyrock, 03 May 2010 - 07:24 PM.